We make language learning for adults fun and interesting, with an immersive learning environment. Classes in Seattle, Kirkland & Sammamish.
At Sponge we believe that learning a new language is not only an enriching and useful endeavor but also a fun and engaging one, no matter your age! Adults in the Sponge Institute can expect an immersive, interactive experience that promotes community learning. We’re guided by our core beliefs:
- Each language learner has unique motivations for coming to class, whether it’s travel, entertainment, business, or family. Regardless of the reason, we know that it’s only becoming more important to learn a language in our increasingly connected world. We want to help ensure success – that’s why we keep class fun, communication focused, and grounded in culture.
- Learners are active participants and need authentic language experiences. Current research emphasizes the importance of learning by experience and from within a community of people with likeminded goals. We do this by employing a constructivist philosophy (Merriam and Bierema 2014).
- Immersion is key to learning! We teach completely in language. Immersion as a practice not only creates a realistic context, it challenges each and every learner to step up and participate. It encourages authentic language interactions and presents opportunities to learn by doing.
- Most importantly, language learning needs to be fun and interactive. No more grammar drills and fill-in-the-blank exercises. At the Sponge Institute, we teach language through interactive activities like role-play and games, as well as authentic cultural material such as music, film, and art.
- There’s more to language than the language itself. We teach the five C’s of language instruction, as outlined by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. The C’s – Culture, Connections, Comparisons, Communities and Communication – represent the types of experiences students need in order to be successful learners.
Learning a new language can be a challenging task, but it is certainly not impossible. With the support of a community of learners and the guidance of exceptional Sponge instructors, any adult can learn a new language and have fun doing it.
Now offering #Spanish, #Mandarin, #French and #German. Register now for classes starting the week of April 18th in our Seattle and Eastside locations. #Sponge #LanguageLearning
Is #Mandarin harder to learn than #French? Check this out and let us know what you think.
Brave enough to try Mandarin? Sign up for language classes today! http://spongeinstitute.com/
Not sure if language classes are right for you? Why not try a FREE TRIAL? Visit our website or send us a message for more info! #Spanish #Mandarin #German #French
spongeinstitute.com Featured Classes Here are some of our exciting current and upcoming classes! Spanish Spoken widely around the world as both a native and foreign language, Spanish is one of the most popular choices for study. It's quickly growing in th ... Chinese (Mandarin) Mandarin Chinese is the most widely s…
Did you know that learning a new language can boost your career? Check out these facts then sign up for #French, #Spanish, #Mandarin or #German classes starting next week!
Still not sure if you should learn German? Why not try a FREE TRIAL?
Visit our website or send us a message if you are interested. In the meantime here are even more business reasons to study #German... #Sponge #Seattle
Want to learn to speak #German?
Register now for spring language classes starting the week of April 18th in our Seattle and East-side locations. #Sponge #LanguageLearning
What languages do you want to learn? Why not #German? Here are a few good reasons!
Send us a message or visit our website to sign up now for Spring classes! #Sponge #LanguageLearning #Seattle
Still not sure if you should learn Mandarin? Why not try a FREE TRIAL?
Visit our website or send us a message if you are interested. In the meantime here are even more business reasons to study #Mandarin... #Sponge #Seattle
Turning Passion into Achievement.
Pacific Northwest Ballet's official facebook page.
With four Seattle neighborhood studios, 8 Limbs offers over 100 classes a day with exceptional teachers, Teacher Training, Retreats, Series & more.
The LI at UPC serves refugees, immigrants, and foreign students through ESL classes and home tutoring.
The mission of Pottery Northwest is to develop and promote excellence in the ceramic arts. Pottery Northwest’s goal is to provide a professional facility in an educational atmosphere for the enhancement of skills in the medium of clay.
Ballet Exclusively, Adults Exclusively
SCC Student Leadership We empower you to be active on campus and engage with the community.
"TheFilmSchool is truly a life changing experience."
Gildenfire Dance is based in Creative Movement, Modern Dance, Ballet and Yoga. Through games, songs, skill building and introduction to dance concepts, children gain balance, coordination, confidence and a love for dance.
Founded in 1994 as the Pacific Northwest's first music conservatory, SCM has succeeded in educating aspiring classical music pre-college students to be confident and seasoned performers and musical leaders. Extension programs are offered for adults.
Wushu, Taijiquan , Filipino Martial Arts, and self defense instruction, serving West Seattle, Beacon Hill, South Seattle, Sodo Center, Burien, White Center